Friday, 18 March 2016

Spring is coming

Hi Everyone!

My apologies for the long absence, things have taken off at work and I've spent all my spare time reading or buying some lovely additions to my very small mini collection.

I've started a new house - yes, another house! I'm so excited about it. It's a new kit that took four weeks alone just For all the pieces to be cut. It's a very pretty regency style house with three floors. It opens from the front for the main rooms and it opens on each side, one side for the hallway, morning rooms and bedrooms, and the other for the staircase. It wasn't meant to be like that, of course, it was supposed to have two front opening doors. But I couldn't resist changing it up to create more interest.

Here's a quick picture of the front main side to give you an idea, it's early days but I have altered it slightly to the instructions...



I don't know why, but I always end up filling empty rooms with bits and pieces that I am trailing. Do you do that too?


As well as adding two extra access doors I increased the height of the first floor rooms. The kit allows for 10" high ceilings on the ground and 8.5" on the next two floors. Luckily the outside shell of the building is higher still so I was able to keep 10" on the ground and now have 12" high rooms on the first. With 9" on the top floor. I'm pretty happy with that. here are a couple of very rough plans to show the layout. The opening side to the build are numbered 1 to 3.



Well, I'll get back to it and update you when I have some more to show you. I'm starting with the drawing room because, well, I always start with the drawing room! 

Have a great weekend
Si

12 comments:

  1. Hi Simon, Very nice to see your post. What a big undertaking but such a great house, Looking forward to seeing you furnish it.
    All the best .... And yes, welcome to Spring!
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Si, nice to see you back. Great new project! Happy Easter and weekend. Pam in Norway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Simon,
    c'est avec grand plaisir que l'on apprend que vous commencez une nouvelle maison. Je suis heureux de suivre ce projet.
    Et oui, moi aussi j'entasse un tas d'objets dans les nouvelles pièces, juste pour voir ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK sitting back and holding on to my seat ready to watch the progress of this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a very grand project, congratulations. I look forward to watching the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking house. It will certainly keep you busy! Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing how this one comes along! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Simon! Wonderful to see your new project under way! I LOVE the opening on several sides idea.... just haven't had the courage to try to build it myself! (Except for the Tree House where it opens everywhere!) I can't wait to see the beginnings of your Drawing Room... they are always SO Elegant and Sumptuous! Please don't make us wait too long!!! :) And yes, I always seem to fill the half built spaces with the pieces.... I just know I'm in trouble when the little people move in! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Si
    It's lovely to see a new post from you, and this house looks lovely already! I love the shape and the promise of how you are going to finish it off is so exciting!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to see you back Simon, bursting with great new ideas AND a new property. I love your plans for this and am really taken with the various entrances/views. I'm really looking forward to this!

    PS. Loved your "Glastonbury" comment on my S & S!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Si,
    It looks like a beautiful structure! I can't wait to see you work your magic.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  12. New projects are always fun! And it sounds interesting how you plan to make it! I've never had a structure and therefore no emtpy rooms, but I'm sure I would do the same :D. Haha, you must have a soft spot for drawing rooms ;). I look forward to the progress on this build, good luck and enjoy Simon!

    ReplyDelete