Saturday, 26 September 2015

A mini up date


Hi everyone

I hope you are having a great weekend.

I have been working on my room box today and started on the pillars. I cut them down and started on the cupboard part underneath. This isn't glued or painted yet and there's a long way to go but I thought I would share my progress.

Here's a picture of the wallpaper I am going to use. I really like the stripes and delicate pattern, the little red flowers will go nicely with the green carpet I'm putting throughout this room.


Thanks so much for all your thoughts on how I should tackle the outside panel. I am going to go with my instincts, and the majority of you guys, and do a painted effect. It will come as no surprise but whilst thinking and worrying I came up with another idea - to change which side the front of the house is on! The panel that is currently the front (like the part of a dolls house that opens) is the front facade of the building but I am going to move it around to the right hand wall (the right hand side of the box as you look at it) and I am going to try to make it look like a cut away through the building. Nothing will change on this room but you'll see it more on the others, especially the ground floor obviously, where the front door will be.

Oh, and I found a really cool book on the British embassy in Washington DC. Designed by one of my favourite British architects and full of beautiful pictures. I bought mine second hand on eBay (the dust jacket was ripped but the book was in perfect condition. Go check it out…



I'll post some more tomorrow (Sunday). Now I have to cheer on England in the Rugby…

Catch you soon

Si

4 comments:

  1. Hello Simon,
    your new room box will be beautiful with this wallpaper, I adore the pattern, is lovely!
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Si
    I just love the wallpaper, what a wonderful pattern and beautiful colours. The pillars are starting to look very well. It's great to see you blogging again :)
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore those pillars and the plinths you've made and the wallpaper...perfect. I like the idea of creating a different vista from the norm...almost like getting a sneaky view!

    Oh no not another rugby fan! lol :oP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, goody - another post from you! The wallpaper is lovely and I want to see what you do with the pillars.

    ReplyDelete